Re: [LI] Problem with a PPP dial in server.

Hi,
Khader -naughty kid on the list(don't mind)! Is there any way to prevent my password getting logged in the /var/log/messages file? For the rest of the stuff can u please explain in simple English for less brighter ones like me. The server I am dialing in is a Linux server and I can dial in if I try from a windows OS at home. From the same machine if I boot into Linux I cannot dial in to the Linux server but I am able to dial into my ISP account from Linux. Grrr.. too many if and buts....but I hope u got it!
bye
Pankaj Mathur
Bangkok
*******************************
Are you sure the password is correct !! Please pass it on to me, I will check it if it is correct ;-) This is from the the PPP-HOWTO ( Yes, the same HOWTO which comes with almost every *&^@#*%^ distro nowadays ;-)
And the same HOWTO which people don't care to read at all ;-)
# Set the maximum number of LCP configure-request transmissions to <n>
# (default 10).
# Some PPP servers are slow to start up. You may need to increase this
# if you keep getting 'serial line looped back' errors and your are SURE
# that you have logged in correctly and PPP should be starting on the server.
#lcp-max-configure <n>
HTH
Regards
	Khader