Re: [LI] IBM HDD

> I am planing to buy this HDD. I would be using this disk primarily for
> linux.
there is no problem in buying this drive, but stick to the suggestions
which were flying thru this list for long. ie; put ur /boot (20-50 mb) the
first
partition, if you have plans to put in Win 95/98/NT as a secondary option,
make the first partition to 300 MB Fat, then the second, don't use fdisk of
dos/95/98, neither DM of NT, (20-50 mb) as /boot, then you can go ahead
and put all in one partition or use multiple partitions like one of the
listers
suggested a couple of days back

For a simple setup:
/boot : 16mb (make it the very first partition of your drive)
/     :1.5 Gb
swap  : 64mb
/home : you choose ;-)

you can separate /var /usr too, put your imagination to work :-)
--------
Jiju Thomas Mathew
Linux registered user #154193 -- http://counter.li.org