RE: [LI] sco binaries & linux binaries

Hi Khader,

Thanks.

Guru told me about IBCS modules. But I had heard that linux and unix are
same, than why is this incompatibility between binaries.

Isn't coromondel software division ( developing Integra ) closed ?

Rajesh

On 31-Jan-00 Syed Khader Vali wrote:

>     Rajesh> Hi friends, In our company in the near future we are
>     Rajesh> planning to go for IBM server with Linux.
>
>     Rajesh> Presently we have got SCO Unix. And applications under
>     Rajesh> Integra RDBMS, Basic and Cobol.
>
>     Rajesh> Can anybody enlighten me on whether the SCO binaries of
>     Rajesh> Integra RDBMS will run on Linux ? ( Front ends )
>
>     Rajesh> If not why ? What should be done to run SCO binaries under
>     Rajesh> Linux ?
>
> Hi there,
> To run SCO Applications on Linux, you need to have the iBCS modules
> installed.
> Don't have much info on that, maybe you could check out the HOWTO's and
> manuals.
> BTW I thought Integra is available on Linux ???
> HTH
> Regards
>       Khader
>
> --

Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card
?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/
   Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a
thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan