Re: [LI] rp3 problems

> Sandip Bhattacharya forced the electrons to say:
> > I have a resolv.conf file with all the namesrvers of VSNL that  I know
> > of. Now as soon as wvdial and/or rp3 dials and connects, it overwrites
>
> First of all, I should warn you of one thing - you can put as many name
> servers in your /etc/resolv.conf, but only the first three are used by the
> resolver functions. The rest are silently ignored.
>
> > resolv.conf with the nameservers that it has received as part of the PPP
> > handshaking process. Now in case it doesn't(which happens sometimes) the
>
> While looking through the documentation of pppd, I had noticed an ms-dns
> option, which tells MS clients what the DNS addresses are. Probably, in
one
this may not be the case, in my machine this was the same way and I had to
search thru
the config files and find what was causing the rewrite, well it was the
dynamic ip
client which is invoked thru /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-post
find
    cat $tr > /etc/resolv.conf
in this script and change it to something else like i did
    cat $tr > /etc/ppp/resolv.conf

and you should be off.
--------
Jiju Thomas Mathew