Re: [LI] Linux in a college subject

> "Mani. M" wrote:
> >
> > It was great to find Linux as a case study in the text book:
> > Operating System Concepts, Silberschatz, Galvin
> > for a subject in BITS Pilani.
> >
> > Unix, Linux and Windows NT are studied and compared.
> > Highly technical though.

A suggestion don't take the comparison blindly as things in Linux kernel change
relatively fast so the implementation discussed may no longer be the one used
in the kernel. For that matter even Windows 2000 when released will be bit
different from the original WinNT principle in many ways if I am not wrong.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC
http://HanishKVC.tripod.com/