Re: [LI] help installing source rpm

The very point of the source rpm is that only the source gets installed,
not the binary. If  you want to use the package, you will have to install
it, first compiling the bianry from the source. This compilation procedure
varies from package to package, but the usual technique is to use the GNU
autoconf tool to generate a script called configure in the top level
directory of the source package. This script then generates the various
Makefiles in the required subdirectories. Usually, all you have to do is
to then type 'make' in the top-level directory to generate the required
binaries.

							yours,
							venu