[LI] RE: Fetchmail query

    Rajesh> Hi friends, When you use Fetchmail to download the mail
    Rajesh> from POP server, it should delete every message immediatly
    Rajesh> after downloading. Correct me If I am wrong.

    Rajesh> Yesterday I noticed that, there were 100 mails in my
    Rajesh> mailbox and the connection got disconnected after
    Rajesh> downloading half of the mails.

Hi There,
Actually fetchmail or for that matter any pop client can delete mails
only if it exits gracefully from the pop server by issuing a quit command.
So, since you are using a dot/vsnl server which might be disconnecting
fetchmail before it does a graceful exit, your *deleted* mails are not actually
deleted and they still remain. So, in order to have conplete control of your mail
box, either use netscape client and download mails in some multiples issuing a cancel
in between where in netscape comes out gracefully  and thus *actually* deleting your mail.
Or get on to some high speed connection which *doesn't* drop and then download using fetchmail ;-)
HTH
Regards
	Khader