[LI] Re: [LI} Posting guidelines

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:37:40 +0530 (IST)
From: Raj Mathur <raju@xxxxxxx>

> Here's some guidelines and rules for posting to these lists for
> comment.  Feel free to adapt them to your style.  However, unless
> there is a very compelling reason, try to adhere to these:

Hi Raju,

I am happy that some has at last taking note of  happenings on the list. I
had written to thats on similar lines few weeks ago. I fully agree with all
your suggestions and I see no reason why one should have any difficulty in
following these simple guidelines which can make the life of all of us a lot
easy, and make the list a better place / forum for all to share their
knowledge and vast wealth of experience .

Offlate I have found 90% of  postings to the list do not follow the
guidelines. It is really a pain when you are reading a post to find the real
post and if any reply to it, as most posting quote the entire text with all
trailing headers etc, it is more of a problem when there are multiple quotes
like >>>>>..... which really hogs a lot of bandwidth.

I have observed that on an average the digest to which I subscribe the size
is 42 kb this can be much less if these guidelines are followed, on an
average I receive 3-5 digests a day. Add to this duplicate postings.

I know the job of an sys admin is a thankless job, I only feel it should be
made less painful for him/her.

I am sure we can with a little bit of displine  among ourselves achieve
this.

Yoganand Goteti
Anaggha Technologies<>Wye Enterprises
# 4, Fifth Street Nandanam Extension