Re: [LI] help on mailing list

Sandeep Singh Cheema proclaimed:
> there r 2 mailing lists (eg.) mylist, test
>
> users can subscribe themselves by sending mails to majordomo very well,
> like:
>
> mail majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> subscribe mylist
>
> and they get a mail bk, with an auth key which they send bk to majordomo,
> and get subscribed- no issues on that.

Good.

> my problem is, that i want the users to get added sending mail directly to
> the mailing list, something like:
>
> mail mylist-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> subscribe
>
> and they *should* get the auth key.

Add a line like the following to your /etc/aliases file and then run
'newaliases' as root:

mylist-request: "/path/to/wrapper majordomo -l mylist"

Now, when users send an email to mylist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the
word 'subscribe' they get sent an auth key.

> also, if i want to change the subscription policy, how do i do that? i
> tried editing the majordomo.cf line,  but nothing seemed change!!

Edit the list's .config file.  In the case of mylist it will be named
mylist.config
 and change subscribe_policy

Thaths
--
"Dear Mr. President. Nowadays there are too many states. Please
          eliminate three."  "Granpa" Abe Simpson