[LI] Re:Selective etwork access...

Hi Mohanan,
Thanks for your reply - if you don't mind can you send me or post here a more detailed description of how things are working at your end. It will help me in putting everything in prespective. Presently I am in very confused state in the middle of IP- Masq, Ip- chains, DNS,Ethernet & PPP HOWTOs(thats quite a list).
bye
Pankaj Mathur
Bangkok
I suppose it is possible. We have two nets here : One pvt
(172.16.0.0) and another public class C net.We use IP Masquerading with a PC having two 100Mbps cards and it is pretty fast and works well. Once I resolve the IP addresses, I can even forbid access to certain sites as well. There is a 'real life example' given in the ipchains docs. I took it and modified it for my needs and it neetly filters unwanted packets. It'd help if you are thorough with ipchains.