Re: [LI] my httpd.conf and named.conf

some comments

>   mentioned.the name of my machine is red.linux.com
> and th name of my website is tranlee.linux.com(ip alias 203.129.248.203)

You can do named based virtual  hosts as well, it is easier to set up than ip based
virtual hosts. Anyway in your case  you will also need entries for the virtual IP address in
the httpd.conf to tell apache about your multiple IP addresses In case you already have it in
your httpd.conf ignore this.
Listen  203.129.248.200
NameVirtualHost   203.129.248.203
Also DocumentRoot is for the root dir for the site
DirectoryIndex specifies the default file if unspecified it is index.html
so you may want to try
DocumentRoot  /www/tran/
DirectoryIndex   main.html

> route to the ip address thru the command "route add -host 203.129.248.203 dev eth0:1"
>
> my httpd.conf file:-
> --------------------
> <VirtualHost tranlee.linux.com>
> ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> DocumentRoot /www/tran/main.html
> ServerName red.linux.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> my named.conf file:-
> @               IN      SOA     red.linux.com   hostmaster.red.

Its hard to tell on my mail client if there is a period after the .com ie the SOA record should
specify red.linux.com. (notice the . after the com). The named log file or /var/log/messages
should contain any errors by  if this is incorrect.