[LI] should I reinstall to have a new /boot?

I understood that the /boot should be within the
first 1024 cylinders.

  Now... Should I reinstall Lin to Have a new
/boot or is there some other way in which I can
add this /boot within the First 1024 cylinders.
If so ... the dos partition resides in this
region, can I move it (  ;-) ) to some other
place (I have some 3 G  free and my dos partition
is only 2.5G)

 -suraj