Re: [LI] Changing the From: field.

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:32:09AM +0530, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:

> What if my pop accounts have the same login name? I have
> spavri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and spavri@xxxxxxxxx and spavri@xxxxxxxxxxx I can't
> have more than one local user of the first name.
>
> Sharukh.

1. If you are using Pine, add "ALLOW_CHANGING_FROM"( no quotes ) to
/etc/pine.conf. Then go to setup inside Pine, and modify the custom
headers  options and add From: Dr. Sharukh < spavri@...>, to be your
default  from address. Whenever you compose mail, press ^R to view the
from:  field, modify it if you want. Maybe you can create nicks in the
addressbook to make this easier.

2. You could use roles. Use # to compose mail using specific roles. In
every  role you could have specific from: addy.

This may be silly, but maybe you could filter your mail based on the
To: field  into your /[Mm]ail/ folder. So you don't need 6 logins for 6
pop accounts.

Regards,
Gautam