Re: [LI] Lilo problem:"Cylinder exceeds the 1023 limit"

> Just installed Red Hat 6.0 linux on my PC. I have
> a Pentium 66 MHZ,
> 8.6 GB HDD, 8M RAM   :-)

It is the people like you who restore my faith in the fact that my
machine
[now a P3/450/128/8/4MB PCI] will not be outdated for ~years~ to come.
It is
such a relief to be able to breath... Seriously man. It is a relief. I
was going
through the newsps yesterday and think that the configuration I bought,
is cheaper
by a couple of thousand already.. felt like hell. But now, I don't feel
so anymore.

Long live Linux... I think I have a wonderful server with me, for 5
years to come.

> I have a DOS, Linux partition. with linux native
> in /dev/hda5, DOS in /dev/hda1

Should it have been /dev/hda3 ?

> L 00 00 00 ... (to infinity, the zeroes go!) ...
> 00 00  :-(

Don't all these binaries look wonderful. I could sit and watch them for
the rest of my life. But since it is your life, I think that boot
requires a proper image to load linux and not finding it...  see if your
system startup is ON primary master harddisk, if you have already
allocated active partitions to DOS... say, are you having more than one
DOS partitions?