Re: [LI] X - Configuration

> > Which one of these means [being used] and what means [discarded] ?
>
> It is the mode lines that are being discarded or being used. This is

I have a question here. My machine has a monitor [Samsung samtron 55e]
for which, the corresponding modeline [1024x768 at 75 Hz vert] with
specifications
closest to it has reversed polarity as specified [when compared to the
manual of the monitor]. ALSO, the display is less sharp, when compared
to Windows?

1. Is this a normal practice? I have seen this reported in the list
also.
2. What ARE modelines. I have seen that the lines have a group of values
   rather than a value for a given resolution. What is that... extensive
   answer required on the theory of modelines in X here. After all, we
are
   using one resolution, one frequency of raster scan... what DO these
modelines
   actually contain?

Curiously yours,
Rohit