Re: [LI] vsnl mail problem

Manoj Victor Mathew wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 09:29:57AM +0530, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> > I wanted to connect to vsnl mail server. I made a script as follows.
> > telnet 202.54.6.35 110
> >     USER lvgandhi
> >     PASS *******
> > ans saved it as seefirstmail and made it executable. I executed it.
> > result is give below.
>
> The USER and PASS will not ever reach the ever POP3 server if you put
> them as part of the script after the 'telnet'. Maybe you have to type
> them in yourself.

I agree with you. After telneting the script remains inactive. I tried a
solution given by somebody in this list to solve my problem. I tried to
telnet to server, it didn't click. I did telnet to POP3 server and
entered for USER and PASS. It did work. Even LIST and TOP 1 10 also
worked. Is the commands for all pop servers are same?

> > ls
> > -ERR Unknown command: "ls".
>
> Oh! Is that a POP4 command or something? I never knew it ;-)

As said earlier I don't any commands. Just a try. I will be thankful If
I can get them.

> If you are the adventurous type, then you can do that using 'telnet' to
> port 110. Else you can try out programs like popcheck (search
> Freshmeat).

I tried as said earlier and the result is OK.
--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA