[LI] apche ,plese help

hello,
i am trying to put up an intranet server and went by the
documentation,i.e.putting an ip alias for my one and only network card and i
am able to ping.i assigned a virtual hostname and all that was required.but
now when i open the netscape browser and type the site's name i get the
message "the server is not accepting connections".could you plase help me.
thanks in advance
anup naraynan