Re: [LI] incoming email problem

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 08:00:15PM +0600, New Star Service Co. wrote:

> I face some problem to download email from server.
> I use fetchmail .
> ==========problem=================
<snip>
> reading message 1 of 123(16201 octets) .fetchmail:SMTP connection to
>        localhost failed.

You must run sendmail on your machine. Fetchmail by default pass the
downloaded mail to sendmail. If you don't want to run sendmail, you can
use the --mda option in fetchmail (man fetchmail for help on --mda option :)

But the fetchmail manual actually discourages the use of --mda option.

Manual reading highly recommended ;-)

--
Do you support 'free software'?  Visit http://mvm.linuxbox.com
Visit the ILUG-Cochin home page at http://www.netshooter.com/ilug-cochin