Re: [LI] Re: Ishmail client problem

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 12:18:21AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
>
> > Ishmail is using something called popclient to download mail from
> > POP3 server. What is this popclient and where can I get it. Any ideas

 From the fetchmail manual ...
<qoute>
       This program (fetchmail) is descended from and replaces
       popclient,  by Carl  Harris <ceharris@xxxxxxx>;
</qoute>

On my system, 'popclient' is a link to fetchmail. You too can do that.
But be sure to configure fetchmail, before you use Ishmail. (you can use
'fetchmailconf' to configure fetchmail)

> Search freshmeat.  Something like qpopper I assume.

No, qpopper is POP3 server, and popclient/fetchmail is a POP3 client.

> > Basically I am searching for a reliable and easy to use X based email
> > client for my home use on Linux.

I tried Kmail, Balsa, Tkrat, Netscape Messenger, and lots more. But
finally concluded that Netscape was best of the lot - until I had a
taste of Mutt+fetchmail+procmail.

<Put on Vimal's Powershield>
Mutt+fetchmail+procmail /is/ the most powerful e-mail solution on planet
Earth ;-)
</Powershield>

HTH.

--