Re: [LI] Linux not loading file system

> Arun Jayaprakash typed:
> > I entered fsck at the prompt and nothing special happened.
>
> Did you type in just fsck, or did you enter the device name as well?
> You have to use "fsck /dev/hd??" (substitute with the name of your
> linux partition), and then it'll try to repair your partition.
Err...I did not mention the partition. The only time I did, I gave the
wrong partition (a DOS partition) as the argument. My mistake.

I ran fsck and mentioned the offending partition and voila the
errors got corrected. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sorry to those who tried helped me earlier (and who probably
pulled their hair out after seeing why fsck did not work in the first
place). My mistake.

Bye,
Arun.