[LI] IP masquearding ....is it possible this way?

Hi all,
here is one of the doubt regarding IP Masq- I've set up a dial in server and can dail in from my house and have set up the necessary config of IP Masq on my Linux machine in office to surf the internet.Its working fine. Now I want to extend the concept a little farther - my Linux machine has a valid IP address and so have other machines on the office LAN. and all the machines are connected thru their respective network cards now if take a machine (say win 95) with W.X.Y.Z IP address and try to change the IP address to say 192.168.0.X and change the gateway address to my Linux machine. After rebooting will the datagrams of this WIn95 machine be routed thru my Linux machine. Well it does not seem to be happening - the basic idea of doing it is that we want to control internet access of certain machines selectively without disturbing the existing configuration of LAN. Now I can do that very easily only if the data of such machines is being masqueraded thru my Linux machine by specifying appropriate instructions in "/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall" . And my Linux machine has not been put up with any special privileges on the LAN. First of all please tell me if it is conceptually correct or not as I am not sure. Pointers/suggestions please.
bye
Pankaj Mathur
Bangkok