Re: [LI] core dump in user login

Hi

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> I have downloaded static binaries of netfront - a lightweight web
> browser for linux.
>
> My problem is if I run netfront from root it runs ok, but if I try to
> run it from user login say rajesh then it gives core dump.
>
> Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)

I think the better alternative will be to get the Source package and do a
CodeReading or step thro in GDB. That is the best way to answer your question.
As it seems to be a coding problem and nothing more based on what you have told.

Also as a _Temporary solution_ try
       seting suid root
for this program and then run it as a normal user. This may work depending on
what they are doing in their code.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC