[LI] Locked screen

Dear List Users,

I am using Redhat 6.1 on PII 266 MMX machine. My graphics card is
"Trident 9750", the chipset is "3Dimage975". I startup X with init 5. My

problem is that very often after starting all process, the system hangs
up with white blank screen. No keys and mouse works. Even the powerd
daemon also does not work so that I can reboot the machine by cutting
off the mains. The last resort is to switch off the machine, which I
hate to! Sometimes, the Login Screen is displayed and the system hangs
and during these occasions, I am however able to fire up powerd by
switching off the mains.

This problem seems to more with Redhat 6.1. When I was using Redhat 5,
it was never there. Would anybody help please?

Madhurjya P. Bora