[LI] Login through pppd

Hi All,
I am working on RedHat Linux 6.0 & C.
In actual login:

When we login as any user after authentication  it starts the shell.It starts the shell bcoz in /etc/passwd file it is /bin/bash (OR /bin/sh).
If i replace this by some other exicutable file then it will exicuted instead of shell.Am i right????

Now what i want to do is:

I have connected two Linux m/c's using serial port.I want to run pppd & chat script on m/c1.
In chatscript i will give my login name & password which is available on m/c2.And i have put some exicutable file in /etc/passwd file instead of /bin/bash(Bcoz i want to run my own exicutable file instead of shell).What i am expecting is it should run my exicutable file instead of shell.

Plse any other to do this??????

In "man  8 pppd " he has given that "login" option.What is that???Can any one explain me with exapmle????

Thax in advance for ur time & help.
                  With Best regards,
                               Arun.K.Desai.
Arun.K.Desai
       Software Engg.
       Bells Softech Ltd.
       Bangalore-41.
       India.
If the human brain were so simple we could
 understand it, we would be so simple we   couldnt.