Re: Re: [LI] X - Configuration

Hi Bharata,

I am comfortably running X with Trident 3DImage975, different
monitor though. The best option is to manually configure the
XF86Config file. I will tell you how to configure the card for
1024x768, which I use, and the same will apply for the other
modes too.

1. Open the /etc/X11/XF86Config file in vim etc.
2. Check for Horizontal and Vertical Sync. lines for monitor.
    Replace them with appropriate values as per your monitor
    specs.
3. Now check the mode-lines for 1024x768 mode. Ignore all
    the values which are not within the monitor's hsync and
    vsync values. These will be deleted when starting X.
    There will be multiple entries for mode-lines which will be
    suitable for your monitor. Leave the first one as it is, and
    comment (#) all the others for these mode-lines (Or you
    can select the best one - trial and error).
4. Set the device under SVGA server as this monitor.
5. Set the color depth to 16 or 32 and the default mode to
    1024x768.
6. Create a link of X with the SVGA server.
7. Save and Restart X.

Hope this helps.

Suvendra

(This will work, I can assure you - if you get confused, just
drop me your XF86Config file at CSuvendra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
as an ascii text file, send me the horizontal and vertical
syncs. as specified in your monitor specs., and I can do the
modifications for you).