Re: [LI] sendmail and Ishmail, difference between IMAP,POP3,SMTP

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, thus spake Rajesh Fowkar:

> There is no such option in Ishmail. While sending mail it uses
> sendmail and sendmail puts the from address as rajesh@com which is

Fine, OK.  Then create a login rfowkar and set /etc/hosts and /etc/lmhosts
to be goa1.dot.net.in - simple.  Quick and dirty hack :)

Or if you can get ishmail to run sendmail using the -oem etc flags I
showed you, then cool.  See the .cf file of ishmail (whatever it's called)
to see if you can run sendmail with custom options.

Is it an X based client?

> POP3 mail programs work.  It's designed more for a UNIX server on a
> network.  I will try to address your questions.

Sounds interesting - if the interface is clean, I'll see it when
installing a unix network next (am convincing my college to switch to
linux)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx