Re: [LI] X - Configuration

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 03:25:35PM +0530, rbharata@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have RH6.1 running on Intel P2 and finding problems with configuring
> the x server.
>   SVGA Card - Trident 3DImage975
>   Monitor - Samsung Samtron 40Bn (not present in the list).

	I have configured a few similar systems. The 3DImage975  comes
up with very strange behaviour sometimes. On most systems, I enabled all
modes in Xconfigurator, started up X-Windows and pressed Ctrl-Alt-+ (that's
 the "Control" key, the "Alt" key and the "+" key all pressed) to switch
to a working mode, and edit your configuration file (/etc/X11/XF86Config)
appropriately. I can send you a configuration file for a system with
your configuration tomorrow (if our lab. is open) if you are interested.

--vml,
Model Engg. College,
Cochin.