[LI] Enquiry about LINUX RED HAT 6.2

Sir,

I have started using the Red Hat 6.2 LINUX which was recently published in the PC Quest magazine.  I have some queries.  They are :

1. I would like to know how to set dial-up in LINUX.  I have reached upto a stage like it will dial up and get connected to the service provider (VSNL AT MYSORE).  After that I am unable to launch Netscape.  If I launch
Netscape it will say it is not connected.  The message I will get after it gets connected to the service provider is  something like :

Do not know what to do and something like searching for ip**.

2. I would like to know along with the Red Hat Linux 6.2 does COBOL compiler also come?  If not, is the COBOL compiler available as freeware
anywhere on the net?  Kindly inform me about the COBOL compiler availability.  I am in bad need of the COBOL compiler.  Kindly brief me how
to load COBOL compiler into my LINUX.  Also kindly inform me how can I compile / execute my COBOL programs?

Awaiting for your reply,

Thanks and warm regards,
A.Ravi Shankar
Mysore, Karnataka

LYCOShop. Thousands of products!  One location!
http://shop.lycos.com/