Re: [LI] ssh setup

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:

> Cool to know.  Debian does not distribute ssh 2.0 because of licensing
> problems.  Also, in Debian the ssh package refers to openssh and not the
> _true_ ssh.

:-(   I thought ssh was gpl'd?

> No.  The appending of the server's public key into the client's known_hosts
> happens on the client side automatically.  If you don't add the client's

Oh yeah, OK.  But iirc there ~are~ scripts for that.

Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.india.cauce.org | Stopping Spam In India
--
Go away! Stop bothering me with all your "compute this ... compute that"!
I'm taking a VAX-NAP.

logout