Re: [LI] linux 6.1 problem

> We are using linux 6.1 for file transfer using FTP. Our
> network has approx. 700 nodes which communicate with
> Linux Server for FTP to download their reports.
> Our problem is that when more than 60 users(approx.)
> login simultaneously the server gives message as
> "Connection refused..".  This problem persists until
Atul,
does this need a recompilation ?
somewhere (i think it is at ltsp.org) i read, regarding Maximum number of
processes that can be run on the server

On Redhat 6.1, using the standard redhat supplied kernel, the total number
of process is 2560, and the max per user is 2048.
If you need to increase the limits, you will need to modify the
/usr/src/linux/include/tasks.h file. The parameters to change are NR_TASKS
and MAX_TASKS_PER_USER.
In all cases, the maximum value for these parameters is 4092 ( 4090 if APM
is enabled ).
If you change these parameters, you will need to build a new kernel.