Re: [LI] ssh setup

Subba Rao proclaimed:
> I have installed ssh2 on linux. On NT I am using ssh-1.2.14 win32 client.
> When I try to connect to the Linux box with the following command:

> Are there any incompatiblities between ssh1 and ssh2, clients and servers?
> The NT clients are putty and TTermPro.

IIRC,
ssh 1.x and 2.x are mutually incompatible.

> I have generated the keys on both Linux and NT. How are these keys to be used to
> for encrypted tunnel?

You need to copy over your public key from your NT machine (client) over to
the linux machine (server) and append it to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.

Thaths
--
   "In high school, I was voted most likely to be a mental patient,
         hillbilly, or chimpanzee." -- Homer J. Simpson