Re: [LI] Dynamic DNS?

> "Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri." wrote:
> >
> > But ETH does not allow relaying. I have a VSNL and an ETH account. I
can't
> > send mail with the vsnl address in the From: field using my eth account,
it
> > says relaying denied. I think you'll have to use vsnl DNS.

> My From field has abiligiri@xxxxxxxxxxx whereas my actual email address
> is anands@xxxxxxxxxx this proves that what u are saying is wrong.U must
> be logged in to the ISP whose SMTP server u are using.Otherwise u will
> get the above error.U can also login to the SMTP server using
> Netscape.Can anyone tell me how it can be done without using Netscape?
> --
> Anand Biligiri S

What I mean to say is that eth allows me to send and recieve mail for my
yahoo/hotpop accounts but will not let me send mail thru my vsnl account
though I can recieve my vsnl mail thru eth. There are different settings for
SMTP for all the accounts. Anyway this is not directly related to Linux so
I'll leave this thread here.

Sharukh.