RE: [LI] problem with accessing network.

hi Aditya,
	What I want is that any machine in my office ( say that there are 150
machines ) should be able to telnet to the server, whatever be their IP
addresses. are you saying that I will have to add all 150 these IPs ?
	please clarify.
	As of now , any machine with *.*.29.* can telnet to the machine , without
my having to edit any of the files. However, any other machine (*.*.28.*
etc. ) is not able to telnet.
	ciao
		Vibhu..

¤      There are certain files in the /etc directory
¤
¤  host.conf
¤  hosts
¤  hosts.allow
¤  hosts.deny
¤  hosts.equiv
¤  hosts.lpd
¤
¤  The problem could be solved by listing the IP Address in hosts.allow file
¤  even though this is required for inetd services.
¤      This is because telnetd is itself invoked by inetd.
¤       If you want to log in as a root by telnetting then you can
¤  give the tty
¤  number in /etc/securetty but there is a possible security hazard here.
¤
¤      Also an entry for remote telnet must be in your /etc/services file.
¤  HTH
¤
¤  regards
¤  Aditya