Re: [LI] problem with accessing network.

Hi Vibhu,
    Sorry went away from some work.
    There are certain files in the /etc directory

host.conf
hosts
hosts.allow
hosts.deny
hosts.equiv
hosts.lpd

The problem could be solved by listing the IP Address in hosts.allow file
even though this is required for inetd services.
    This is because telnetd is itself invoked by inetd.
     If you want to log in as a root by telnetting then you can give the tty
number in /etc/securetty but there is a possible security hazard here.

    Also an entry for remote telnet must be in your /etc/services file.
HTH

regards
Aditya