[LI] network access problems

hI VIBHU,

hi folks ,
	oops !
	the whole problem was due to misconfiguration ( gateway ip in dns ip & vice
versa ). O.k. ! o.k. ! i made  a mistake, but that is how anyone will learn
:-)
	Now some problems:
	1) I cannot telnet to the linux machine from another machine. The linux
machine ip is : *.*.29.* and my win machine is *.*.28.* .
		what should I do ?
	2) The internet proxy server requires password authorization to connect to
the w3. however, it seems that Netscape ( v4.6) dosen't support that ?? i am
getting no logon prompt. Any ideas why ? also is there some other web
browser ( please don't say lynx ) to use ?

	please keep in mind that I am unable to connect to the net from there.

	ciao
		Vibhu..

Good that your pinging problem is solved.
Ok regarding telnet probelm , can u just me more inputs.
1. What is the IP address /Subnet mask of NT box and Linux Box.
2  Are they on the same network....???
3. are you able to ping from NT Box to Linux Box and vice versa...?
(while pining use the IP address instead of machine name)
4. how are you teleneting to linux box. using IP address or machine name, ry using IP address.

rgds
Rajesh Divakaran