Re: [LI] Easy Linux ( probs )

| On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Aditya Deshpande wrote:
|
| > Well next thing we know they come out with M$-Linux and say
| > 1. they have completely changed the traditional Linux by adding a new
| > graphical interface called M$-Xwindows(tm)
|
| That is not so farfetched as it may sound - Apple has demonstrated that
| kind of approach by changing the underlying OS while keeping the UI
| consistent.
|
| > 2. New interfaces and never before applications like Wordprocessors,
| > Spreadsheets can now be run on Linux.
|
| Hallelujah! ;-)
|
| Seriously - if M$ gets broken up and the apps division gets freed from the
| clutches of Windows, they'll have Office for Linux, IE for Linux, etc. out
| in a flash. After all, they know which side of their bread is buttered.
|
| Atul

Question Atul is that whether they would respect the GPL and release the
source. I think this time they would. However what scares me is if they
try to aquire debian, red hat etc. Without going microsoft bashing, I think
it is their business strategy to buy out competition. It is the monopoly I
don't like.

regards
Aditya