Re: [LI] Easy Linux ( probs )

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Aditya Deshpande wrote:

> Well next thing we know they come out with M$-Linux and say
> 1. they have completely changed the traditional Linux by adding a new
> graphical interface called M$-Xwindows(tm)

That is not so farfetched as it may sound - Apple has demonstrated that
kind of approach by changing the underlying OS while keeping the UI
consistent.

> 2. New interfaces and never before applications like Wordprocessors,
> Spreadsheets can now be run on Linux.

Hallelujah! ;-)

Seriously - if M$ gets broken up and the apps division gets freed from the
clutches of Windows, they'll have Office for Linux, IE for Linux, etc. out
in a flash. After all, they know which side of their bread is buttered.

Atul