[LI] Linux Doubts - RH6.1 - Newbie Linux Admin

  Hi List,
              Request you to clarify some doubts I have on Linux front. We have
  a Linux RH6.1 server with 6.3 GB HDD and 96MB RAM.

  We configured it as our mail server and also SQUID was configured in it. It's
  being used by 100 users only for mails.

  I'll list all my doubts point by point pls try to help me in these areas.

1.) SQUID version 2.2-STABLE3 is what we are using. SQUID as you know by default
      will allow access to all users. We wanted to implement access-lists and we
      did it as per the documents available with Linux.

     We first defined ACLs and then said allow http_access to the ACLs and then
     said http_access deny all. After this SQUID service was restarted. We still
     observe that everybod is able to access the internet thru SQUID, which we
     want to restrict.

  Request you to tell us where we might have gone wrong.

  2.) We also have other flavours of Unix with us. In SVR4 flavour we have a
     ilde daemon which logs out idle terminals from the system. Does Linux RH6.1
      provide with any such daemon. If not is there any freeware available to do
      this.

  3.) We want to implement Disk Quotas we tried this out and found that some
      additional entries were put in fstab file to this effect. But after this
      the system booted but all the file systems where the quotas was on were
      not mounted. We were not able to figure out why and removed the additional
      entries from the fstab file and then re-booted the system all the file
      systems were mounted properly.

  Request your inputs in this also.

  Thanks,