Re: [LI] Accessing Internet from Linux - Steps ? (No KDE)

Correct me if i am wrong but igues the follwoing is what modem tool does
basically

ln -sf  /dev/ttyS1 /dev/modem  // if your modem is in COM2 port
ln -sf  /dev/ttyS0 /dev/modem  // if your modem is in COM1 port

So executing that in bash should put things straight.

Also, modemtool should run fine without KDE as a standalone or as a component of
control-panel.I faintly remeber having run control-panel under fvwm.. i guess
they are made out of tk widgets

Run in Konsole :

control-panel &
or