Re: [LI] Motif 2.0.1 libraries

--- Rajesh Fowkar <rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> Has PC Quest distributed Motiff libraries on any of
> their CD's ?

That's outright pirating! Motif is a commercial
library, u get it when u buy the whole Motif Toolkit,
Dev. libs. run time libs. et al...

> I have got static binary of xplore file manager, but
> it requires
> Motif 2.0.1

u say static binary and u say it requires libs? Static
binaries are MEANT to run without relinking them at
runtime. They have the lib. appended to their existing
code. Wel... NEwayz... either u've got a type up
there, or i'm not getting what u're driving at. Either
way i definitely have a solution! ;-)

> Can anybody help me on this ?

Sure! goto www.lesstif.org lesstif is a free clone to
Motif, and provides Source as well as binary(mostly)
compatibility. The compatibility to Motif 2.0.1 is
pretty bleak, but i guess u could give it a try. I
think the latest build of lesstif has it. U've got
both source and binary versions lying around in the
site. pick u're choice! I was able to run IRIS
Performer PERFECTLY in Linux. And does it ROCK or
WHAT?!?!? ;-) SGI simply RULZ! :)))

Nikhil.