Re: [[LI] Oracle8i and Redhat 6.1]

hi,

i have installed oracle from their CD. my box did not have jdk preinstalled.
the details about space and parameters are given in the online documentation
( on the cd under unixdoc dir). i would advice the do the install in two
steps.
1. install all binaries. but do not create database
2. reboot and then run intallaion script and now create only the database.

i had some trouble. the svrmgrl binary could not start. instead the binary
svrmgrl0 used to work . so i copied the second onto to the first . all is
working fine now.

Tushar

?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx