Re: [LI] SENDMAIL- How can I re-write the header "RCPT TO:"?

Nagarjuna G. wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Abdul Naseer wrote:
>
> ->I am using sendmail 8.9.3.
> ->
> ->I want to re-write the header "RCPT TO:" of all the out going mails if
> ->they are destined to some particular domains. For example, if a mail is
> ->addressed to someone@xxxxx, the TO has to be re-written as
> ->someone@xxxxx, and if it is meant for anotheruser@xxxxx, it should be
> ->re-written as anotheruser@xxxxxx I have tried the feature
> ->allmasquerading, but it re-writes only FROM field, and what I want is
> ->re-writing TO field. I am using sendmail.mc for creating sendmail.cf
> ->file.

In sendmail.cf , go to where the mailers are defined.
For your mailer , see what is the ruleset specified by
the "R=
" field. I guess it would be R21.
Go in and poke around with that rule and you can do whatever
you want.

Actually , the flow is more complex , but the above
should work. You will need to go through the O'Reilly
Sendmail book by Allman and Costales.

- Bhyrav Prasad