Re: [LI] Linux over FreeBSD

Hi,
	Although I have not worked on free BSD but what have i observed by
discussions over FBSD v/s Linux is.

1. Frees BSD has better Network applications and probably speed over
Linux.

2. The Linux has variety of choices and applications software which F-BSD
lacks. You may not find vary many utility software for F-DSD. so if you
have intentions to have task specific servers like Web server, intrnet
server, F-BSD may be a better option over Linux. Take a case of 'IPCHAINS'
it was taken form F-BSD to Linux environment.

3.  Linux is excellent in toto. you will find  almost every software you
couldemagine but in F-BSD you may have to search.

Thanks

--S.K. Singh--