[LI] Re: NE-2000

> with help recieved from linux mail group i was able to understand that i can
> configure an undetected network card ,which was not detected during the in the
> installation,by entering the correct configuration in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>
> There is no problem with the kernel. It supports NE2000 compatible
> cards. Use ne2k-pci module.
>
> Normally every ethernet card comes with a floppy containing the drivers
> and a DOS based :-( program for setting various parameters of the card.
>
> If you have got it, give it a try.
>
> Regards
> Urmil Parikh
> Li

My experience:
	I usually edit /etc/config.modules  and remove any line containing
ethernet cards. Add a single line
	alias eth0 ne2000
and reboot the system. It works wonderfully. Detects interrupts
automatically.
(Someone earlier suggested that I needn't Reboot - enough to restard
kernel or network daemon. I am not sure I understood. But if you do, try
that!)
Ashok