Re: [LI] Printer cannot be detected.

Hi There,
First we decided to have a seperate list on SiS6215 Card. But, now
It looks like we might need to have a seperate list for this printer
problem
and for people who don't care to read the archives b4 posting to the list.
Anyway Here I go , first check out http://www.exocore.com/linux and check
out the
solution to your printer problem and if it still doesn't work, then you
ought to
check whether your printer is a winprinter or not.
And would you mind giving details of your printer , I thought it might help
us
give a solution  !! What do you say ??
HTH
     Khader

----------------------------------   @}--------
Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.4 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.39
Live Free or Die                       http://www.cfp2000.org

Siddhu <lxosmail@xxxxxxxxx> on 01/15/2000 12:02:55 PM

I am unable to install a printer in Redhat 6.1 (PCQ Redhat 6.1) through
the control panel. After choosing the location of printer as local
printer the following is reported.

/dev/lp0 : not detected
/dev/lp1 : not detected
/dev/lp2 : not detected