[LI] Printer cannot be detected.

Hi everybody,

I am unable to install a printer in Redhat 6.1 (PCQ Redhat 6.1) through
the control panel. After choosing the location of printer as local
printer the following is reported.

/dev/lp0 : not detected
/dev/lp1 : not detected
/dev/lp2 : not detected

Plug and Play has been disabled from the bios.

I tried giving the values manually but no result. Both deskjet and dot
matrix failed to get detected.

Both the printers work on Windows OS on the same machine.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Siddhu.