[LI] help needed urgently

hello,
with help recieved from linux mail group i was able to understand that i can
configure an undetected network card ,which was not detected during the in the
installation,by entering the correct configuration in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local
file.but could someone please help me on the correct syntax please.
the card id Delta(ne 2000 clone,pci).
consulting th ethernet howto i was able to understand that the problem maybe
with thye kernel being of a different version.but i have redhat 6.1 aqnd i
think it is the latest kernel.am i right in this.somebody please guide me.
if possible could someone please tell me how i can get the correct i/o address
and irq for my card.is it the eth0 listing i get when i do "cat
/proc/interrupts","cat /proc/ioports" etc.

and how can i figure out the correct module for my card by doing
/sbin/modprobe.please gimme some clues related to this.

thanks,
anup