Re: [LI] deleting unwanted mail from VSNL server

Rajesh

First, a rather serious crib -

> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 19:26:01 +0530
> From: Rajesh Fowkar <tarique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LI] deleting  unwanted mail from VSNL server

... and this

> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:37:09 +0530
> From: Rajesh Fowkar <tarique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LI] Oracle8i and Redhat 6.1

First, why have you set your mail client to send mail using Doc Tarique
Sani's addy?  ~He~ won't want any of your mail I assure you, and he
already gets Linux India :)

Or is it that the goof lies elsewhere?

Now to address your query -

> Earlier when I used to telnet 202.54.17.30, I used to get VSNL menu
> in which there was an option to invoke pine and I could delete
> unwanted mail from the server before downloading them.

You can still telnet (but using a rather roundabout method).  Telnet
giasbm01.vsnl.net.in from which you'll get a menu listing ALL the vsnl
servers in India.  You can login that way.

^^^ Tip from http://guide.vsnl.net.in - quite a good site, all vsnl users
definitely check it out, there's ALWAYS something new under the sun :)

> In Linux I am using Kmail. Is the above thing which I was doing in
> FOXMAIL possible in linux ?

Throw it out and run some other mail client.  Or as foxmail is quite
light, compile wine / vmware on your box and run foxmail (or better
still, Pegasus Mail) under Linux :)

<plug> Visit the Pegasus Mail Indian User Group -
http://www.angen.net/~pegasus </plug>

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
fortune: cannot execute.  Out of cookies.