Re: [LI] System hangs!

Dear Ashok,
	a) Let us not blame Windows when it is not due. Windows does have its
own share of problems and so does Linux (But probably Microsoft takes a
monopolistic lion's share of the problems too ;))

	b) Survey /var/log. Check out dmesg, messages

Regards
Shourya

 On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, vsashok
wrote: *Two m/c I know of, one of mine and other of a freind's, hangs most of
*the time while booting. After repeated attempts, it boots and works
*reasonably well. I know it is far better than Windoze but can anyone *help me
to find out what is happening and how to correct it? Which log *files would
help me to find out the prob? Generally, it hangs up at some *point after
mounting ext2 in read/write mode etc... (mine is RH 6.0 and *my friend's is RH
6.1!) *Thanks a lot.
*Ashok