Re: [LI] System hangs!

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 11:36:46AM +0530, vsashok wrote:
> Two m/c I know of, one of mine and other of a freind's, hangs most of
> the time while booting. After repeated attempts, it boots and works
> reasonably well. I know it is far better than Windoze .....

Firstly, go to your BIOS setup (press Delete on system startup) and set System
or BIOS defaults. This might sometimes decrease system hangs.
If the problem still persists, it *might* be a hardware problem. It would be helpful if you could pinpoint exactly where in the booting process does it hang: like before LILO, after LILO; during heavy disk access; during keyboard reads, sound play etc. Find the common factors between your Windows and Linux hangs. That will help more people in helping you...

--vml,
Model Engg. College, Cochin